Carly's First Day of High School 8-25-08

Well today was the day that my baby went off to high school. Carly was very excited to go to high school, she got up really early and was ready for school by the time that I had gotten up to get ready. She couldn't wait. I on the other hand thought it would be a little easier to send her off since she was driving me nuts this summer with "I'm bored" but didn't want to leave the house. Unfortunately I felt as if I was in a little funk today. Not only is my baby off to high school but my oldest is now a freshman in college. College?? I can't be old enough to have a child in college already. Carly and I watched home videos Saturday night until the wee hours of Sunday morning and it only seems like it was yesterday that we were bringing them home from the hospital. It definitely does not seem like 18 years. I always knew that they would leave the house and I have really tried to be good and not cry since Nikki left the house but it is hard to see them off and now my baby is on her way to being self sufficient like her older sister. Wow were has the time gone. 4 years to graduation is not that far away. SAD!!!!!!

No comments: