End of a Generation 1-8-2010

Today my grandmother passed away. She was 97 years old. She lived a good LONG life. But as I got the news from my mom this morning I started to think about it.. a little reflection I guess....But not only is it sad that she is now gone but for me on my family's side it is also the marking of an end to a generation. I have no more grandfathers or grandmothers. I was able to collect some pictures from my grandmothers house a few months back and going thru some of the family history as been absolutely fabulous for me.... I just wished that I would have done this years ago so I would know a few more people in the pictures.... I did however find a lot of pictures of my dad. Pictures that I have never seen before when he was a child and some when he was a baby. He was so cute...I guess I took after him...hahaha (I love you Mom). I know that my grandmother lived a long good life but that still doesnt make it any easier with this loss. Unfortunately Nana's passing is also still a very fresh wound. I really thought that 2010 was going to be a better year. Hopefully we have gotten thru the bad and we can now move on!!!! Rest in Peace Grandma Bert. Please tell all our loved ones hello for us.... We miss them all dearly!!!!

No comments: